We have compiled a list of local resources for families during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Parenting Advice and Tips:
- The Center for Children and Families' Resource and Referral Program provides free consultations to address a broad array of child, adolescent, and family issues.
- Text “CTF4Kids” to 74574 for valuable advice from experts in the fields of child development and education and short, research-based tips related to encouragement and reinforcement methods to increase family strengths
Mental Health Resources
- Texas Health and Human Services has launched a 24/7 statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource offers COVID-19-related mental health support for all Texans. People can call the Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.
Child Care Resources:
Food and Bills Assistance:
- The North Texas Food Bank remains committed to its mission of helping families in need by providing access to nutritious food. Visit their website https://ntfb.org/ or call at 214-269-0906 for assistance and more information.
- Free meals program Dallas ISD https://www.dallasisd.org/Page/62476
- Free meals program Garland ISD https://www.garlandisd.net/node/11272
- Free meals program Mesquite ISD https://www.mesquiteisd.org/community/news/news-detail/~board/district-news/post/meal-update-for-misd-families
At Home Education and Research:
- At home learning tool kit https://learn.kera.org/at-home-learning/
- Online research participation opportunities for families: https://childrenhelpingscience.com/
- A bilingual site for educator and parents: https://www.colorincolorado.org/
- Dallas Public Library Online Learning Resources http://dallaslibrary2.org/childrensCenter/kids/docs/OnlineLearning.pdf