The Center is a resource for children and their families by offering: playful learning for children and parents to promote children's optimal development; screenings for social, emotional, and language problems; current information about optimal child development and a place to turn for support; effective strategies and referrals for parents; lectures and forums with the latest information on child development for the general public and interdisciplinary analysis of social policy.
The Center currently has:
- A Resource & Referral Program in English and Spanish to help connect parents and professionals with a variety of local and national resources to address a broad array of concerns about child, adolescent, and family issues.
- A Crece Conmigo (Grow with Me) Program where parents can bring young children (ages 0-5) showing early delays in physical, cognitive and social development to a developmental screening.
- Juega Conmigo (Play with Me), a playful learning program for parents and children ages 0-3.
- A public Lecture Series, offered each spring for parents and professional practitioners and educators, designed to meet continuing education requirements.
- A Forum on Children and Families, offered annually, which brings together nationally-prominent researchers, educators, practitioners, policy makers, and the general public in a day-long event to address the latest knowledge and treatments of childhood challenges (such as bullying, adolescent risky behavior, eating disorders, and other topics of broad significance).